Adventure Time Munchkin is a mixture of two of my favorite things. At first I was worried that it wouldn't live up to the intensity of Munchkin or the sheer hilarity of Adventure Time, but it totally brings the game to a whole new level of enjoyment. Oh my glob - I love it!
|Less than $15 on Amazon! - Affiliate linked picture|
This game doesn't replace standard Munchkin. I feel like it isn't quite as balanced. It seems like the game is a bit overpowered and quicker - but it is so fun to play. I feel the same about Zombie and Vampire Munchkin. Maybe I am just a purist when it comes to board games.
- Choose a character. This version uses characters instead of races. You do not have to draw them you get to choose one automatically.
- Deal 5 cards per person. Lay down any cards that you'd like to equip.
- On your turn draw a card from the door deck and lay it face up in the discard pile.
- If it is a monster card you have to battle it immediately and are able to hire others to help you if you cannot beat it on your own. You gain a level for every monster that you beat.
- If you fail you can try to run away. If you can't run away then you die and lose all of your stuff, including your equipment. It's a big deal.
- If there is a curse it applies to you immediately unless they can block it.
- Any other card can go into your deck.
- If you did not draw a monster then you can choose another card face down. Alternatively you can play a monster from your hand to fight instead of drawing a second door card.
- Players take turns opening doors, fighting monsters and earning treasure. First to level 10 wins! You must earn your last level by fighting a monster.
- Players can only have 5 cards at a time at the end of their turn.
- If you have more than 5 you either need to figure out how to use them, trade them with other players, sell them to the bank to go up a level or give them to the character with the lowest level.
- You can try to hide them but if you get caught then you have to discard them all no matter how attached you are.
|The Girls + BMO|
Hoping to upgrade picture soon but this will do for now.
- You can choose to play each character in their standard or alternate form
- Finn or Fiona
- Jake or Cake
- Lady Rainicorn or Lord Monochromicorn
- Flame Princess or Flame Prince
- Marceline or Marshall Lee
- Lumpy Space Princess or Lumpy Space Prince
- Princess Bubblegum or Prince Gumball
- There are tons of awesome allies in this edition of Munchkin such as
- James Baxter
- Peppermint Butler
- Shelby the worm
- Tree Trunks
- Banana Guard
- Susan Strong
- Lots of awesome Bad guys too
- Ice King
- The Lich
|One of my favorite cards - gotta love James Baxter!!!|
If you are a fan of Adventure Time this game will have you reminiscing about your favorite episodes. Adventure Time is pretty much a weird, kawaii version of D&D so I have loved it from the start. It is one of the few shows that I actually want to sit down and watch with my kids, in addition to anything Miyazaki, Avatar, Wakfu, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z and How to Train Your Dragon. I also love Bleach and other anime but sometimes they get a bit too heavy to watch with the kids. I guess I totally have a type haha.
Hope that you all have some fun this week!